-->

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Heart in Hands



I am so excited to share this with you.  It is my very first non-challenge post. I took my inspiration from the oh- so- talented Linda Warlyn.  She is awesome.  I had wanted a artist model hand for a long time and found one at Dick Blick.  The foundation pieces are just various sizes boxes covered in 
T!m's  tissue paper and distressed with Old Paper.  The hand is base-coated in cream acrylic
paint.  The element that took sooo long was the heart.  I am not too swift at sewing and so it took up a large chunk of time sewing the vintage buttons around it.  The hand is also crackled and inked with Vintage Photo.  I found some floral decoupage black and whites, tinted them with Gelatos.  The heart wanted to float around so I had to secure it to the palm with PVC glue.  As a final step I added the little rose the letters from Ideaology, and the silk ribbon from my stash.  I might also mention the little girl from Paper Whimsey printed on Extravaganza, secured to a fragment of doily.
Thanks for stopping by.
Joyce


2 comments:

  1. I do love your work; it's my kind of style, vintage fantasy! Keep blogging! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keren, Thank you so much for following me. We artists need encouragement
    from time to time.

    ReplyDelete