-->

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 15

Soar

Thanks again to  Studio L3 for facilitating this challenge.  I really liked this pic of the Navy plane I picked up at a antique store, just knew that someday I could use it with some of T!M's stuff since he loves the travel motif so much.  The riveted embossing folder is certainly a good background for anything metallic, masculine or steampunk.  I used an expresso brown acrylic  to highlight.  The rubber stamps are also from T!m Holtz as well as the map and soar ticket. A little tip I found out and will share, alcohol ink will remove the color from german tinsel.  This tinsel was originally red.  ai painted it with ginger ink and presto..... no more red.... a mahogany brown.  A little chemestry lesson for me.  Do  love, love  this technique, has sooo many possibilities.  Hope you too will "soar"  with creativity.  Til next week.   Joyce



1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the muted colour scheme and your choice of images are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete