-->

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

leslie-rahye's Fairyland Blog Hop




Hello Blogger Friends. Thank you for stopping by the Hop, Fairyland that is.  This was a great pleasure for me to be invited to participate in this event.  I have always had a love for all things" fairy".  I started keeping a file of these wee folk as a child.  Still have and use it.  We are glad you will enjoy spending time with us and the "fey".   The base of my diaorama is a metal tile from Hobby Lobby, painted ecru.  I then added styrofoam and sheet moss, pinned it in place.  To accent the moss I included a scrapbook piece of log slices painted with Copics.





As you can see This is the base without the central piece. The small fairies are perched on a wooden spool cut in half, painted Halo Rose Gold, and trimmed in German tinsel painted the same color.




The large central piece was lots of fun to design.  I used a large ribbon spool, increased the thickess of top and bottom with chipboard. I then covered it with Graphic 45 Springtime paper, trimmed the base with Prima flowers and antique millinary flowers.  I thought the stem looked a little bare so I pulled out my stash of beads then added some bling.  Here and there you may see a dragonfly or butterfly peeking out.  The fairy dancing on top is a autumn flower fairy.  Again thanks so much to you for dropping by, and a big thanks to our hostess Leslie for hosting. 
                                                                                              Joyce

12 comments:

  1. Hey good buddy. Couldn't go to bed before seeing your wonderful piece of art. This is absolutely fantastic. I love, love, love it. You are so very creative and talented. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again and again for all your patient help, your truly show a fantastic example of "that's what friends are for." BTW, your art work is awesome too, sort of like going into Lucketts... you just can't take it all in.

      Delete
  2. Lovely composition with a special vintage feel ! X Fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabrizio, this was my first hop and I so enjoyed being included. Kind comments are appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Regena,
      You're so right. It was fun. From the perspective of a first time hop participant, it was great. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Jean M,
      You are right about the sweetness...an artist just can't go wrong using those flower fairies. I certainly thank you so much for leaving a note.

      Delete
  5. Lovely piece of art, love all of the vintage detail of the piece. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pammejo,
      I am sure we have met at your place of business while I still lived there. I have heard so many nice things about you. Your skill with Copics is amazing, and lends so much to your card. Thanks again for commenting.

      Delete
  6. really cute! thanks for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,
    I tried to e-mail you last night about the wonderfulness of your art but guess it didn't go thru. Anyway, I so enjoyed browsing through all your litte fairy land and found it too clever. Thank for your kind comment also, though I have been creating for years, this is my first hop, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete